Top Three Strategies for Maximizing Professional Development
The youth employment landscape is constantly changing. A commitment to the professional development of staff at the beginning of the fiscal year is essential for maintaining the highest standards of service delivery, and will help to employ the three key strategies to empower your centre.
1. Planning Ahead Ensures Future Success
- Setting a development calendar at the beginning of a fiscal year helps to ensure your staff is ready to meet the challenges of constant improvement.
- Government contract budget envelopes, community events and personal leave can make scheduling a challenge, but a head start allocating resources will keep your staff and accountant happy.
2. Lower Your Employee Turnover
- Taking control of employee turnover through professional development opportunities is a great way to show your staff how valuable they are while improving your organization as a whole.
- Emphasizing entry-level employee training and using external trainers with a range of expertise will help to keep staff teams up to date and focused on improving outcomes.
3. Cross Training Keeps Your Team Fresh
- Rewarding loyal employees with fresh experiences is a surefire way to give a well deserved boost.
- Supercharged employees will be able to apply interdisciplinary skills in exciting ways for your organization, and will thank you for the opportunity to expand their capabilities.
To empower your centre for consistent delivery of exceptional employment services, First Work is dedicated to helping centres achieve the goal of constant improvement. Click here to learn more about the professional development opportunities available.