Conflict Resolution and Training
In partnership with St. Stephen’s Community House, First Work is pleased to be offering a one-day Conflict Resolution and Training course. The session presents some conflict theory, but focuses mainly on effective communication skills, conflict management and resolution tools that encourage good working relationships and effective problem solving.
November 28, 2012 – Woodstock
Community Employment Services
40 Metcalf St.
To bring Conflict Resolution Training to your community, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees: $295; taxes included.
10% discount for First Work members. This training is limited to just 15 participants — so don’t delay!
This interactive workshop focuses on skills and techniques to handle difficult interactions and negotiations with clients, customers or co-workers.
Participants will learn how to:
- Prepare for a likely conflict situation;
- Understand the dynamics of conflict escalation;
- Apply the concepts of win/win or interest-based problem solving;
- Strategize for different stages of anger;
- De-escalate tense situations;
- Respond to confrontation;
- Help people feel heard and to clarify the situation;
- Give information in ways that will not lead to defensiveness and escalation;
- Set boundaries effectively and respectfully.
St. Stephen’s Conflict Resolution Services has been training individuals, communities, organizations, businesses and government in conflict management techniques since 1988. They draw on years of practical experience in providing dispute resolution in many different types of disputes, using a roster of experienced mediators and trainers. Trainings include opportunities for discussion, exercises and role-plays to enable participants to practice, ask questions and evaluate the effectiveness of the training to their own situations.
One comment on “Conflict Resolution and Training”
Pingback: » Professional Development > First Work
opportunities are offered by First Work at discounted rates to our membership.