The HR Tool-Kit is a manual that provides managers and staff with extensive resources on HR management issues in youth employment centres.
The HR Tool-Kit is available online. You can browse through the document online, or download the full toolkit to your computer (note: the downloadable Tool-Kit is easier to navigate through and use and is therefore is the recommended format for using this resource).
This resource manual is available to Ontario-based non-profit organizations for reproduction or modification without obtaining prior consent from First Work. However, we ask that First Work be clearly and openly acknowledged as the source, and that you notify First Work of the nature of your use of this material.
All other parties must obtain prior written consent from First Work before reproducting or modifying the contents of this manual.
Download: right-click on the link and select “Save-As” to save the file to your computer.
HR Tool-Kit (compressed zip file) [1.1 MB]
· The Recruitment-Selection-Orientation Synopsis
· The Recruitment & Selection Funnel
· Recruitment Flow Chart
· Selection Flow Chart
· Orientation Flow Chart
Recruitment Tools & Templates
· Applications Received Log
· Initial Application Screening Form
· Candidate Progress Record (2pgs)
· Gaps Review Record
· Telephone Interview Log
· Sample Close-Out Letter 1 (not interviewed)
· Sample Close-Out Letter 2 (interviewed by phone only)
· Sample Close-Out Letter 3 (interviewed face-to-face not offered job)
Selection Tools & Templates
· Employment Interview Schedule (Overview)
· Employment Interview Schedule (Overview Example)
· Employment Interview Schedule (Interviewer)
· Employment Interview Schedule (Candidate)
· Employment Interview Schedule (Candidate Example)
· Personal Interview Form
· Reference Check Form (2pgs)
· Candidate Ranking Form
· Sample Close-Out Letter 4 (unsuccessful finalist candidate)
· Sample Job Offer to Candidate of Choice (2pgs)
· Sample Close-Out Letter 5 (candidate rejected your offer)
Orientation Tools & Templates
· New Employee Orientation Plan (First Two Days)
· New Employee Orientation Plan (Training and Familiarization Visits)
· New Employee Orientation Plan (Monthly Calendar)