Youth Employment Centres are non-profit community-based agencies that work with youth to help them build employability skills, receive training, and cope with employment challenges.
Youth Employment Centres are an important resource to any employer looking:
- to find the right person for the job
- for assistance with training costs
- for support in developing your youth employees
Centres are located in the heart of the communities they serve and feature small libraries, computer labs, and public phones that allow youth to conduct effective job searches.
The most important feature of service at a Youth Employment Centre is the one-on-one attention that youth and employers receive from the Employment Counsellors and Job Developers who work in the agencies. They help individual young people with the employment related challenges specific to their lives. This can range from help with resume and cover letter writing, to referrals or workshops that will teach the youth the skills they need to become job-ready.
For employers, staff at Youth Employment Centres build relationships and determine your workforce requirements in order to respond expertly to your recruitment needs.
Agency staff can assist employers with:
- referrals of excellent, job-ready candidates
- recommendations and resources on staff training and development
- wage subsidies that may help offset the cost of training
- special accommodations for new staff
- navigating the apprenticeship process
Think of a Youth Employment Centre as a hiring agency with the goal of ensuring the success of young people in their chosen careers.
Partner with your local youth employment centre today to find the best young person for the job!